CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 29 April 2013

Riding off into the sunset

With the colour refresh coming soon, I decided to use some of the colours that will be retiring soon. I don't think I've used Riding Hood red very often, I'm not sure why! It's a nice fresh red, not too dark. I've used it here as the base for my card, with layers of white and designer paper on top.


I needed a thank you card so let the sentiment take centre stage on a scalloped indigo layer over one of the paper doilies found in the Spring mini (top of page 5, they're easy to miss!) These are great value for money at £2.75 for 24 doilies, and give a bit of vintage texture to the card. I added a trim of pleated red ribbon (now retired) and some little pink flowers with pearls

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):
  • Stamps: Curly Cute
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red
  • Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Pink Pirouette
  • Other: Twitterpated designer paper, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Itty Bitty punch, Paper doily, Riding Hood Red pleated ribbon (retired), dimensionals.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...