CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 15 March 2009

Another challenge card

Here's a card I made for a challenge on Kate and Steph's new blog, A Passion for Papertrey. The challenge was to make a one layer card, something I very rarely do (those layers are handy for hiding little mishaps!) I must admit that I struggled with this one - none of the embellishments I wanted to add looked right, so the end result is truly a one layer card! Please excuse the bad photo, I couldn't take the picture till late this afternoon.


The swirly leaves are embossed in gold, as is the sentiment, then the leaves have been coloured using green ink. The flowers have been stamped in pink ink and the little butterfly in pearlescent blue.

Products used (Papertrey Ink unless stated otherwise):

  • Stamps - With Sympathy, Out on a Limb sentiments
  • Ink - Versamark, Ripa Avocado, Raspberry Fizz, Pearlescent Sky Blue (Brilliance)
  • Cardstock - Stampers Select White
  • Other - Gold embossing powder (SU).

6 comments:

Kate Lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Lewis said...

Hi Claire - I'm so glad you could post in the end!!! I love this card! It's so elegant and works so well as a one layer card - it really is a challenge isn't, I find it hard too (but rewarding in the end!!) I love the embossing! Thankss for joining in the challenge! Hugs Kate x

Tina Spohn said...

Hello Claire,

I really love your card! Good luck! :)

Hugs, Tina

Stephanie said...

I think this card is beautiful Claire, thanks so much for taking part in our challenge xxx

Jeannette said...

Claire this is just fab, love the embossing!

Unknown said...

The more I see of these stamps the more I am fallin in love with them. Fab card Claire.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...